One of my goals for the new year is to spend more time focusing on things that I am thankful for so I am really excited to join in for the first Ten Things of Thankful linkup of the new year! It's been a while since I've done much blogging at all let alone joined in for a linkup.
1. During school vacation we get to spend lots of time together as a family. We've been spending time outside in the snow, playing board games, watching movies and enjoying some great books.
2. Davis loves to read. Since starting vacation on the 23rd, he finished the Percy Jackson Heroes of Olympus series by finishing The House of Hades (Book 4) and The Blood of Olympus (Book 5) and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. He's currently halfway through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
3. We have an amazing church community. This past year has been full of ups and downs, celebrations and challenges, and through all of it we've had the blessing of a wonderful group of church friends. They've been there to support us when we needed it and to celebrate with us when we had things to celebrate. We've been able to offer support to them and celebrate their successes as well.
4. The boys are feeling better. Last weekend, both boys started getting sick so we took them to the dr on Monday. Davis has bronchitis and takes his last dose of antibiotics today. Tyrion has an ear infection, we're not sure if it's still lingering from earlier in December or if it's a brand new one. Thankfully though they're both still coughing and congested, they are definitely better than they were earlier in the week.
5. Pinterest makes it easy to sort and save a variety of webpages that I want to be able to look at later. Though I will probably never make all the crafts I've pinned, they're there anytime I need inspiration to start a new project.
6. Tyrion is exploring and moving around so well. Though it's definitely challenging keeping him out of things he shouldn't be getting into, it's so amazing to think that this time last year he wasn't even born yet and he's already crawling, well army crawling on his belly, and standing and figuring out how things work.
7. Coffee helps the adults function. We've been going through quite a bit of coffee the last week or so because, let's face it, kids have so much more energy than we do. Caffeine helps keep us going so we can do more fun things together.
8. Matt is a great photographer. Pictures are such a great way to remember what we've done together as a family and how much the boys are growing. Matt takes some really great photos of the boys and I love them all.
9. With how much Davis reads, we'd go broke trying to buy enough books to feed his reading habit, thankfully our local library has a really big kids section so he's never short on books to read. Plus, they have a wide selection of books for us adults and some really fun programs for the kids to participate in.
10. Cub Scouts provides a fun, safe environment for Davis to make new friends and learn some great skills with boys his own age. I'm really glad we signed him up last year because he really enjoys it and he's learning some important life skills while he has fun.
Labels: Gratitude, Ten Things of Thankful, Thankfulness