Ten Things of Thankful Week 136

I missed last week's link up even though I actually started writing the post early. I had 7 of 10 written and the long weekend just ran away on me. LOL. The good news is we had a great long weekend with lots of family time and there are plenty of thankfuls for this week.

1. Matt has been working hard at listing items on eBay the last few weeks. We are decluttering the house and making a little money at the same time. It's a win, win!

2. Davis' teacher commented when I picked him up from school on Friday that he's been doing really well this week with focusing and finishing his work in class. Since the beginning of the year, it has often been a struggle to get him to actually complete assignments within the allotted time both at school and at home, especially writing assignments. So hearing this was great news!

3. Saturday was the Pinewood Derby for Davis' Cub Scout Pack. It was a long day for Tyrion but still a lot of fun. Davis didn't win a trophy but he still enjoyed making the car and watching all the races. Davis and Matt are already discussing things they can do for next years car to make it faster. They're also planning to set up a ramp at home and see which car is faster, the one they made this year or the one they made last year.



4. We're far enough north that we will not get hit with the worst of the big storm heading up the coast. The weather forecasters are currently predicting we'll only get a coating, possibly up to an inch.

5. Tyrion is now 11 months old. Gah! Where did the time go. He's growing so fast and learning so many new things. I'll have to write up a post this week on all the new things he's been doing lately just so I we'll have some place to look when I get around to writing in an actual baby book.



6. Last weekend we watched a movie together as a family and it was actually something that interested all of us, except Tyrion who slept through most of it. We watched a Disney Channel Original movie, the Descendants. It's a story about the children of some of the biggest Disney villains (Cruella De Ville, Jafar, the Evil Queen, and Maleficent). The villains and their kids along with all the other Disney villains have been trapped on an island sealed with magic away from all the good characters from Disney movies. The next generation of Disney heroes decides to give the next generation of the villains a chance to choose whether they want to follow in their parents footsteps and be evil or become good. It's an interesting concept and the story played out pretty well. I definitely recommend  it.

7. The Bible study that I attend on Thursdays has been really interesting and I've been learning a lot. It's also been speaking to me a lot lately, a lot of points really hitting home and giving me things to apply to my own life. It's amazing that when we slow down and allow ourselves to listen that God really speaks to us in ways like this.

8. Matt and I have been spending time together playing cards after the boys are in bed. We always spend time together after they're in bed but I really enjoy playing cards together because we tend to talk more than we would if we were watching tv or reading. It's been nice to have more in depth conversations and just spend time together.

9. Early morning wake ups. I sometimes find myself complaining about getting up early (at least in my own head I do) because Tyrion often wakes up at 5:30 or earlier. But waking up with him allows for extra snuggles and he won't be this little for very long so I'll enjoy the baby snuggles while I can.

10. As an added bonus, when I'm up early I find I get more done during the day.




Ten Things of Thankful

Labels: , , ,